This blog is a window to my Life in Korea as an International Student. I am Buyana Buyangerel from Mongolia who came to Korea to study Masters in Economics from Kangwon National University, Chuncheon. It was a big decision by me in my life when I decided my study destination to Korea but I find it as a Turning Point in my life. Everybody of You are cordially welcome to join this blog. I hope the Morning calm will definitely inspire the Wonderful Blue sky.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Jongmyo jerye: An Introduction

Jongmyo Jerye or Jongmyo Daeje is a   rite held for worshipping the late  Kings  and   queens of the  Joseon Dynasty. It is held every year on the first Sunday of May.

                                                  

 File:Jongmyo DSC 6892.jpg
                                                                    Jongmyo jeryeak

 The Jongmyo rite is usually accompanied with the  court music playing (Jerye-ak) and dance  called Ilmu or line Dance.

Jongmyo Jerye and Jeryeak were designated as the first of South Korea' masterpieces of the oral and intangible heritage of humanity by UNESCO  in 2011.


Lets watch korean traditional court music zongmyo zere ak 1 종묘제례악1

No comments:

Post a Comment