This blog is a window to my Life in Korea as an International Student. I am Buyana Buyangerel from Mongolia who came to Korea to study Masters in Economics from Kangwon National University, Chuncheon. It was a big decision by me in my life when I decided my study destination to Korea but I find it as a Turning Point in my life. Everybody of You are cordially welcome to join this blog. I hope the Morning calm will definitely inspire the Wonderful Blue sky.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Dokdo Islets to See First Sunrise of 2012

The first sunrise of 2012 will break over the horizon at 7:26 a.m. behind Korea's Dokdo islets, the Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute said on Tuesday. 


Five minutes later, dawn will break in Ganjeolgot Cape and Bangeojin in Ulsan, followed shortly afterward by inland areas.
The first sunrise of the New Year will be visible at 7:47 a.m. from Seoul's Mt. Nam, while at Taejongdae Cliff and Haeundae Beach in Busan it will appear at 7:32 a.m. 

At Jeongdongjin Beach in Gangneung, which is emerging as a new hot spot for catching the event, the day will begin at 7:39 a.m., and on Seongsan Sunrise Peak in Jeju, the sky will alight at 7:36 a.m. 

The reason the sunrise occurs earlier on Seongsan Sunrise Peak than in Gangneung, despite the former spot being located further west, is because in winter the sun rises from the southeast. 

For more information about when the sun will rise and set on this day auguring in the New Year, visit the KASI website at http://astro.kasi.re.kr.

No comments:

Post a Comment