This blog is a window to my Life in Korea as an International Student. I am Buyana Buyangerel from Mongolia who came to Korea to study Masters in Economics from Kangwon National University, Chuncheon. It was a big decision by me in my life when I decided my study destination to Korea but I find it as a Turning Point in my life. Everybody of You are cordially welcome to join this blog. I hope the Morning calm will definitely inspire the Wonderful Blue sky.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dokdo ("독도" in Korean), also called the Dokdo island, is a group of islands in the East Sea. These islands are collectively called Dokdo. The name means a "rock island." Dokdo has been a Korean territory throughout all known history except during the Japanese occupation of Korea between 1905 and 1945.
 
 


Dokdo is also called Liancourt Rocks after the French whaling ship, Le Liancourt, which rediscovered Dokdo on January 27, 1849. The Japanese name for Dokdo used to be Matsushima (松島) until 1905, at which time it was renamed as Takeshima (竹島) along with a Japanese territorial claim.
 
 
Dokdo has been under the control of South Korean since August 15, 1948, on which the Korea-based U.S. XXIV Corps transferred Dokdo to the newly born Republic of Korea.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment